Monday 25 January 2010

Time for Pigeon Pie...


SPLASH…!

Courtesy of this sparkling new web page I am now on my way to becoming a fully-fledged blogger, apparently.

But will my entry into this bottomless blogging pond take the form of a perfectly executed dive – springing high into the air, rolling expertly through a triple pike and breaking the surface with clean and accurate precision? Probably not. Instead, I’m sure my flight will resemble something more like an energetic belly flop – well, at least until I get my eye in.

So why torture myself in this way I hear my reader, or maybe readers (I know you’re out there somewhere) ask.

In all honesty, this is a last-ditch attempt to make effective at least one of the New Year’s resolutions for 2010 that seem to be swiftly slipping through my fingers. My desire to exercise has already dwindled and the bicycle I bought at the end of last year to kick-start my healthier regime is heavy with dust rather than road miles.

My plan is quite simple: to spend this year actually following through on a personal writing project instead of finding reasons to avoid getting words down on paper. I want to get the ol’ grey matter flowing with creative juice again as well as having some fun and meeting some interesting characters along the way.

For the past couple of weeks I have been planning, tinkering and developing a ‘punt in the dark’ strategy to set the wheels of this resolution in motion and while it has taken me the past twenty-four days of January to actually get here I think I’m ready to take that step – or belly flop – into the unknown.

I’ve spent most of my 29 years on this earth healthily obsessing about food in one way or another. Whether hunting down the wackiest yet wonderful ingredients, trying my hand at butchery or gently cultivating an obscenely large collection of recipe and food-related books, I have been fixated with pretty much anything to do with food and want to share my addiction with you!

Over the course of the next few months I plan to use recipes that have lain untouched on my shelves for years. I want to eat in the most popular restaurants, pubs and cafes as well as those that off the beaten track. I’d like to learn to use a knife properly when chopping ingredients as well as try all manner of new food products, vegetables and cuts of meat. Let’s hope our bellies don’t pop along the way!

And we’re off…

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment